Burma’s Ongoing Political Transition and Key Prospects for International Justice for the Rohingya.
On this online event, international justice experts from around the world will share an update of the ongoing international justice processes against Burma at the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court, and in Argentinian courts through a Universal Jurisdiction case, and give insight on how the international community could work to hold the newly elected Burmese government more accountable in uplifting the rights and security of Rohingya people during the country’s ongoing political transition.
Participants will include:
- Akila Radhakrishnan (Moderator), President of the Global Justice Centre.
- Tun Khin, President of Burmese Rohingya Organisation – UK (London, UK).
- M. Arsalan Suleman, Foley Hoag, legal counsel to The Gambia in its case against Myanmar at the International Court of Justice.
- Erin Rosenberg, Senior Advisor to The Ferencz International Justice Initia-tive, Simon-Skjodt Center for the Prevention of Genocide, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Tomas Quintana, Argentinian lawyer and lead counsel in the current Uni-versal Jurisdiction case brought in Argentina, UN Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in North Korea and former UN Special Rapporteur for Human Rights in Myanmar.