The Global Justice Center (GJC) is a fast-growing influential human rights organization that uses the progressive enforcement of international law to promote a global rule of law based on gender equality. We develop innovative legal strategies to define, establish, and protect human rights and gender equity. We work at the United Nations and with global partners including governments, civil society leaders, women and democracy leaders in conflict and post-conflict situations to dismantle embedded patriarchal structures in legal and political systems around the world.
The Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Finance and Operations Manager with a passion for human rights and is interested in joining a small and high-energy team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly organized, and detail-oriented Finance and Operations Manager to play a pivotal role in managing and expanding our organizational infrastructure. This role reports to the President.
You are a motivated skilled professional able to operate with relative autonomy, and manage and supervise staff and consultants supporting accounting, finance, fundraising and compliance at GJC. You are disciplined yet innovative and flexible and will manage the full range of the organizations’ processes and systems for accounting, finance, and compliance. As a member of the senior management team, you will collaborate directly with the President, Director of Development and with other directors and managers throughout the organization. You are an excellent problem solver and will inspire and mentor your team and colleagues. You work well on a team and with others, thrive in a fast-paced changing environment, and excel in problem solving. You are hands-on with excellent attention to detail and can also see the “big picture.”
The Global Justice Center is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is actively seeking and encouraging applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and/or people who are LGBTQIA.
1) Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain financial systems including accounts payable, budgeting and reporting.
- Optimize data analysis and financial reporting to support GJC’s strategic, operational and financial goals and support.
- Provide integral analysis of financial reporting for discrepancies, variances from budgets and forecasts, trends, and other issues that should be brought to the President and Board of Directors. Provide meaningful commentaries and analyses.
- Manage accounting and budgeting systems, including with a view towards improving system efficiencies.
- Manage and improve upon policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Coordinate annual financial audits and tax filings.
Human Resources and Performance Management
- Manage in conjunction with a professional employment organization, human resources tasks, including payroll, staff benefits, tracking staff schedules and time off, maintaining electronic and paper personnel files, including tracking performance evaluation of employees.
- Maintain quality IT capabilities and equipment, including relationship and contract with managed IT services firm, technology consultant, and other technology-related vendors.
- Manage facilities, planning and oversight ensuring ongoing maintenance of quality work spaces and equipment; Assist with facility plans for organization as it grows.
- Oversee the procurement and inventory process for equipment, supplies and program related materials.
- At least 4-6 years of financial, human resources, compliance experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience and knowledge, is required;
- Highly organized, attention to detail, good sense of judgment;
- Experience maintaining digital platforms for human resources and financial information preferred;
- Experience implementing organizational policies based on legal obligations and organizational best practices;
- Advanced skills with Excel, and strong competency with the Microsoft suite of products, is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills are required.
- Experience administering and enhancing accounting systems, including Quickbooks is required.
- Salesforce or other CRM experience is highly desirable.
- Non-profit experience and a desire to work for a mission-driven non-profit is highly desirable.
- Experience in a small office experience preferred.
$68,000 - $78,000 in addition to general benefits (medical, time-off and retirement contributions). Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position based in New York City, with remote work enabled during COIVD. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
The Global Justice Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. In addition to federal law requirements, the Global Justice Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.