The Global Justice Center is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic Grants and Development Manager with a passion for human rights and the ability to synthesize complex ideas and explain them simply and engagingly. We are looking for a dedicated fundraiser with exceptional interpersonal skills who is interested in joining a small and high-energy team. We’re looking for a team member who is familiar with the world of international human rights and advocacy, with experience spearheading successful fundraising campaigns for both foundations and major donors.
I. Duties & Responsibilities
Major duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the President and senior staff to develop and lead annual and multi-year fundraising plans and define philanthropic goals and strategies.
- Spearheading special stewardship initiatives, fundraising appeals, and donor prospecting.
- Establishing an annual fundraising calendar and quarterly goals and managing the fundraising efforts of GJC’s Board members.
- Working closely with the President on development of GJC’s annual budget, financial reports and fundraising documents.
- Collaborating seamlessly with Communications team to develop consistent messaging and fundraising strategies
- Managing all grant applications and grant reporting in close coordination with program staff.
- Maintaining correspondence with current and prospective institutional donors.
- Researching and identifying new prospective institutional donors.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with current individual donors.
- Developing strategies and organizing events to cultivate new individual donors.
- Utilizing and maintaining donor database in Salesforce as a tool for growth.
- 3-5 years development experience in an advocacy or policy-based organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree a plus.
- Experience managing innovative donor cultivation strategies with a small team.
- Experience planning, managing, and executing fundraising campaigns
- Experience developing and managing budgets―prior training in accounting preferred.
- Strong computer and database skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Salesforce.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write well under tight deadlines.
- Experience working with legal organizations, legal theories or non-direct service non-profits a plus.
Deadline to apply is September 8, 2017, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.